In addition to making a monetary donation, there are many other ways to support the Alliance. Here is a list of some easy ways that you can help!
Register with iGive for Your Online Shopping
When you do your online shopping through iGive.com, a percentage of your total purchase goes to the Alliance. This donation is of no additional cost to you – in fact, with the many coupons you receive with you iGive membership, you can end up saving money! Here’s how it works:
- Visit iGive.com and search for “Massachusetts Alliance on Teen Pregnancy” in the Keyword Search field.
- Once you’ve selected our organization, create your membership account. Having an account gives you access to coupons and discounts at many of the participating online stores.
- The next time you want to make an online purchase at one of the 700 stores that partner with iGive (including Barnes and Noble, Gap, ebay, Expedia, Staples, Home Depot, and Best Buy, to name a few!) log in to iGive first, click on your desired shopping site, and make your purchases as usual! A portion of your costs will be gifted to the Alliance — a contribution for us, and a tax-deductible donation for you.
Shop with Amazon.com
When you click through to Amazon from this website, Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to the Alliance. So, start all your Amazon shopping here! Begin shopping by checking out some of our recommended reading:
- Dilemmas of Desire by Deborah Tolman
- Promises I Can Keep: Why Poor Women Put Married Before Motherhood by Kathryn Edin and Maria Kefalas
- Don’t Call Us Out of Name: The Untold Lives of Women and Girls in Poor America by Lisa Dodson
- Growing Up Fast by Joanna Lipper
- Sex and Sensibility: The Thinking Parents Guide to Talking Sense about Sex by Deborah M. Roffman
- But How’d I Get in There in the First Place?: Talking to Your Young Child about Sex by Deborah M. Roffman
- Beyond the Big Talk: Every Parent’s Guide to Raising Sexually Health Teens from Middle School to High School and Beyond by Debra Haffner
- Changing Bodies, Changing Lives: A Book for Teens on Sex and Relationships by Ruth Bell
- Nuestros Cuerpos, Nuestras Vidas by the Boston Women’s Health Collective
- Our Bodies, Ourselves by the Boston Women’s Health Collective
Donate a Car through Vehicles for Charity
Instead of selling your used vehicle, you can donate it to the Alliance through Vehicles for Charity. Visit their website and complete the online form, indicating the Massachusetts Alliance on Teen Pregnancy as your selected beneficiary. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and RVs are all accepted, and pick up is free! Remember, you can donate a vehicle to the Alliance even if you live outside of Massachusetts, and all donations are tax deductible.