Essential Lobby Day Materials & Instructions:
Please visit this site after you RSVP for Lobby Day.
- Create an art exhibit with your program youth. Here is the Art Exhibit Flyer and Entry Form. The Art Exhibit Entry Form and the exhibits are due by February 15 to the Alliance (they can be hand delivered or sent by mail to our office). Please read the art exhibit flyer and complete the entry form.
- Schedule meetings with your state Representative and state Senator or their aides for lobby day! Please schedule these meetings for 11:45 or later. You can find your legislators and their contact information on the Secretary of State’s website. You can also email and call your legislators to invite them to attend lobby day.
- Encourage policymakers to attend. Please print and mail this invitation postcard to your state Senator, state Representatives and Governor Baker. Here are instructions for completing the postcards.
- Letter of excused absence. Here is a sample letter of excused absence for program youth who need permission to leave school to attend lobby day. Please feel free to modify this document to meet your needs.
- Sample contribution letter. Please adapt this sample contribution letter and send to local corporations and businesses if fundraising will be necessary for your program to attend lobby day.
- Directions to the State House: https://malegislature.gov/StateHouse/Visit.