The Sexuality Education Certification Series is our most comprehensive training opportunity. Participants develop the knowledge, skills and comfort needed to provide successful sexuality programs. Each session of this lively, interactive course combines guest lectures, discussion and hands-on practical experience in specific subject areas.
Graduates of this course are able to:
• Identify key elements of effective sexuality education based on the latest research.
• Feel comfortable discussing sexuality in an educational setting.
• Develop an understanding of key sexual health topics and effective teaching strategies for these topics.
• Define active learning theories and stages of behavior change in relation to teaching sexuality education.
• Teach with strategies that address diverse learning styles, cultures and experiences.
• Recognize the importance of values, attitudes and beliefs in teaching and learning in sexuality education.
• Learn the different stages of emotional, social and cognitive development.
• Design and present an age-appropriate lesson in sexuality education.
Location and directions will be sent to registered participants. The cost is $300. To sign up either go to pplm.org/training or call Sarah at 617-616-1672.