The Alliance is requesting proposals for creative, youth-driven projects on topics related to teen pregnancy. We will award grants of $2,000-$3,000 to organizations for youth designed, youth led projects that will impact young people in Holyoke and Springfield.
Projects must be designed and executed by youth residing in Springfield and/or Holyoke, Massachusetts. Proposals submitted by individuals will not be funded; individuals must have an organizational sponsor to apply.
More than one project may be funded at each sponsoring agency.
Youth First is a multi-component, community-wide effort to reduce teen pregnancy and birth rates in Springfield and Holyoke funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and led by the Alliance in partnership with the YEAH! Network of Hampden County. The Youth First vision is that all young people in Springfield and Holyoke have:
- Access to quality health education and healthcare that supports their ability to make informed decisions about relationships, sexual health, and their lives;
- Consistent community messaging that empowers them to have a hopeful perception of their futures; and
- Support in being community leaders, role models, and advocates.
Each proposal will be evaluated based on its creative approach to addressing topics related to teen pregnancy/adolescent sexual health, as well as youth –led design and implementation of the project. Special consideration will be given to proposals that engage:
• Youth in foster care;
• Youth in the juvenile justice system;
• Young men and boys; and/or
• Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
Deadline: August 31, 2012