In collaboration with the Board of Directors and Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, executing, and overseeing all fundraising activities undertaken by the agency to increase revenues to fund the strategic goals and priorities of the organization, including developing and overseeing a stewardship program with all supporters and funders.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, responsibilities include:
Planning and operations
- Develop and implement the Alliance’s annual development plan, identifying and securing financial support from private and public funders, individual donors, and corporations.
- Articulate clear benchmarks for progress, identify and develop the partnerships, and strategies and tools to ensure fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan, including overseeing and managing all grant seeking initiatives including research, and reporting requirements.
- Design and roll-out of major gift, planned giving and monthly giving programs, maintaining ongoing relationships with supporters, including donor visits.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events to generate funds for the organization, as directed.
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database, which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- Manage and oversee of Salesforce database and communicating receipt of gifts to donors, including overseeing staff responsible for data entry and gift processing to ensure timely and accurate accounting of gifts.
- Coordinate in-kind donations.
- Serve as staff liaison to Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
Managing fund development budget
Promoting the Organization
- Foster a culture of philanthropy throughout the Alliance, informing staff of all fundraising and communications activities.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to donors and maximize public awareness of fundraising activities.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the Alliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in professional fundraising, with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Fundraising experience, including in closing major gifts.
- Experience in direct mail and annual fund campaigns.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Warm, outgoing, and comfortable speaking in public.
- Experience working with community volunteers and nonprofit boards.
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience writing and managing corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet software, development databases, social media platforms.
- Skilled in the management and professional development of staff, as assigned.
- Ability to maintain focus and manage to timelines under pressure.
- Adaptable to challenge, and able to operate on a strengths-based model
- Commitment to a social justice, reproductive justice, LGBTQ-inclusive approach to the work that recognizes the importance of the social determinants of health and well-being.
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, ability and social-economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
- Adaptability and proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work evenings, as needed.
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel occasionally for meetings and advocacy trainings throughout Massachusetts, as needed.
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
105 Chauncy St., 8th floor • Boston, MA 02111 • 617-482-9122 • www.massteenpregnancy.org
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (No calls please.)
Due date: Monday, April 24, 2017